Sew a small wristlet bag with storage at both the top and bottom and a secure zipper closure using this PDF SEWING PATTERN.
Two magnetic snaps hold the flap neatly folded down in place.
This zipper installation is quick and easy for those with zipper experience. If you don't have a lot of zipper experience, this is a good pattern to get more comfortable with them.
This is about a 2-hour project for many people. It is excellent for making gifts, stocking your shop or show, or make one in an afternoon for yourself!
These don't need a lot of supplies. Use up some of your larger scraps, or those fat quarters you have stashed away.
This pattern comes with pattern pieces to make this in two slightly different sizes/shapes. The Size 2 pattern pages can also be printed up to 15% larger to make an even bigger version (print pages 9-11 at 115%).
The pattern is in pdf format and is available for INSTANT DOWNLOAD once your payment is processed.
The document is a paper and ink friendly 11-pages: 6-pages text instructions with color photos + 5-pages of pattern pieces.
Sewing Skill Level
Advanced Beginner - Someone who has completed a few sewing projects and has experience working with sewing patterns.
Supplies (Materials You Provide)
• 1/4 yard exterior fabric (FQ ok)
• 1/4 yard lining fabric (FQ ok)
• 1/2 yard woven fusible interfacing - Pellon SF101
• 1/4 yard fusible fleece - Pellon 987F
• (1) polyester all-purpose zipper (no metal zippers): Size 1 - 7"+/Size 2 - 8"+
• (2) 14mm prong style magnetic snaps
• 3/4" round ring or d-ring/rectangle ring in equivalent size
• Fray Check or other seam sealant
• fabric marking pen or chalk
• 1/4" foot with guide, or zipper foot for your machine
• basic sewing notions/tools (machine, thread, etc.)
(width at widest part x height when closed)
• Size 1 - 6.75” x 4.5” (17cm x 11.5cm)
• Size 2 - 8” x 4.5” (20cm x 11.5cm)
Sew It & Sell It
Items made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Start your own sewing business today! Please offer Michelle Patterns design credit in written descriptions.
This print-at-home pattern is available for instant download once your payment is processed. The download link is delivered to the email associated with your PayPal account. Please check your spam/junk folder if you don't see the message in your inbox and then check that your email is correct/up to date with PayPal.
See this page for special offers.