Stitch up a pretty zip top wristlet with this simple SEWING PATTERN.
This bag features a pleated exterior, one roomy interior pocket, and a simple knotted strap that doesn't require any hardware.
The interior pocket is set into the lining fabric and has a curved opening that makes it easy to slide your hand inside. The pocket is 4.5" (12cm) deep, 9" (23cm) wide, and has a 4" (10cm) wide opening. So it's not super deep, but is wide and very roomy.
The pattern document is 13-pages: 8-pages text and color photo instructions + 5-pages of pattern pieces. Includes all pattern pieces for the main bag and cutting instructions give cutting dimensions for three straight edge pieces.
Sewing Skill Level:
Intermediate - You are comfortable and confident sewing zippers, pleats, darts, and curves.
7" high x 11" wide x 8.25" zipper opening x 3.5" deep x 8.5" strap with a 5.5" opening for your hand (18 cm x 28cm x 21cm x 9cm x 22cm x 14cm)
Supplies (Materials You Provide)
• 1/3 yard exterior fabric - 42" wide
• 1/2 yard lining fabric - 42" wide
• 2/3 yard fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101)
• 1/4 yard muslin - 42" wide
• 1/4 yard fusible fleece (Pellon 987f) - 42" wide
• 12" (30cm) polyester coil zipper
• zipper foot or 1/4" foot with guide - 1/4" foot can be used to install zipper
• 1/4" Wonder Tape
• ruler & marking pen
• basic sewing tools and notions (thread, scissors, machine, etc.)
See this page for special offers.
Sew It & Sell It
Bags made using this pattern can be sold in your own online store, local boutiques, craft fairs, etc. Please offer Michelle Patterns design credit in written descriptions.
This print-at-home pattern is available for instant download once your payment is processed. The download link is delivered to the email associated with your PayPal account. Check your spam/junk folder if you don't see the message in your inbox.